Frequently Asked Questions
I am unable to sign-up / I can’t find where to sign up
In order to sign-up you need to subscribe to one of our plans. Click on ‘Subscribe‘ and choose which subscription plan you would like for your school. You will then be prompted to enter in your information and sign-up. Please note that you can view trailers and what we have in our collection without signing-up.
I am having trouble signing in / I am having trouble signing in after I have already entered my information
- If you cannot remember your password go to the sign-in page, enter your email address and click ‘forgot password’. You will be sent a new password to sign-in with.
- If at any stage you are unsure or need help with signing-in or watching a film please email email@example.com
How much is it to sign up?
We have two subscription plans-
- $59.95 yearly multi-user subscription. For one price you can have as many teacher logins as you like, you just need to email us after subscribing with a list of names and school emails and we will add them to you plan. You can update this list at anytime throughout your subscription.
- $6.95 monthly single user subscription. If you don’t want to commit to an entire year you can pay per month. However you only get one login.
If your school is outside of our main centres and does not have access to local cinemas or reliable streaming services we offer Doc Edge Schools On Demand for free!
Why can't I view your films from my current location?
Sometimes a change of address or ISP provider can inadvertently show you as being outside of New Zealand, double check that your IP address shows itself as being within New Zealand. To do that you can use https://whatismyipaddress.com/
Make sure that the time zone on your device is set to New Zealand or the Pacific Island country you are in.
I am having issues watching on my computer. Here are a couple of common things, which might help.
- Check your browser’s cookie settings and/or clear your cookies
- Trying viewing the video in different web browsers from the one you’re using such as Chrome, Firefox
- Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or intermittent, it will cause problems watching our videos. (See the question below)
Why is my video slow to load? Why is my video freezing or buffering?
We apologise if you’re having this issue with our on demand service. Here are a few things you can try to help get a better playback experience:
- If you’re using WiFi on a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable – please test video playback with a cable
- If you have to use WiFi on your computer – check out the signal strength – if it’s low – try watching while you’re closer to your router and make sure there aren’t too many devices connected to the WiFi.
- Make sure there is no-one in your household using all of your bandwidth. Simultaneous internet use on multiple devices on the same connection may result in poor video playback.
- Make sure your internet browser is completely up to date with the latest versions. Try an alternative internet browser and see if you have better results.
- Make sure you have no background downloads running (on any devices in your household).
- Restart your home network by switching off your device(s) and powering off your modem (and wireless router if it’s a separate device) for at least 30 seconds before switching on again. Then reset your Computer/Laptop by turning it OFF for 30 seconds from the wall if it is a computer. Then turn them both back ON again and then try to watch something on our site.
- If you have modified any of your device’s connection settings, restore to your Internet Service Provider’s default settings – turn off any VPN connections you may have switched on; reset your device to pick up the default DNS setting. If you are not sure how to do this, get in touch with your device manufacturer.
How do I download a film to watch offline?
Unfortunately, our current rights agreements do not allow download of content for offline viewing.